As a unique, independent academy, Pinkerton Academy's mission is to strive to ensure the growth of all students in a challenging, respectful, and collaborative environment. The Academy fosters a student-centered community with purposefully designed, interactive and relevant learning opportunities.

The tabs below have a variety of resources that you may find useful, whether you are a parent or a student. For further questions, please contact the School Counseling Office at 603-437-5200 x1189.

SC Resouces Tabs

  • College and Career
  • Parents and Families
  • Financial Aid
  • NH Scholar

What is the first step for applying for Financial Aid?

The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Applications are completed on line at can do so FAFSA applications can be completed after January 1st of each year.

What can you do now?

Get your FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number) 
click on banner below

You must have a PIN (personal identification number) in order to file with FAFSA. Both parent and student must have their own individual number. You need this numberr before you can begin the application process. Plan ahead! Apply for your PIN numbers today. Check the FAFSA website for more information.

What is a CSS Profile and do I need it?

The CSS Profile is a progam of College Board to which many colleges, universities, graduate and professional schools and scholarship programs subscribe. It is a mechanism through which these institutions and programs, collect and use information to help them award non-federal student-aid funds. For more information about the CSS Profile which schools and organizations require go to:

*If your College/University requires the CSS Profile, remember that you must still complete the FASFA!


The NEHHEAF Network Organizations are comprised of three 501 (3) (c) non-profit agencies. The NH Higher Education Assistance Foundation, Granite State Management and Resources, and NH Higher Education Loan Corporation - which provide outstanding college access programs for NH students, families, and schools.

You can contact NH Higher Education Assistance Foundation at (800) 719-0708 or at

New England Board of Higher Education -

Tuition Break Program

NEBHE's Tuition Break Program, The New England Regional Student Program (RSP), enables thousands of New England residents to enroll at Out-of-State, New England Public Colleges and Universities at a discount. Students are eligible for the RSP tuition break, when they enroll in an approved major that is not offiered by the public colleges and universities in their home state.

New England includes the following six states: New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

Hundreds of approved programs: More than 700 undergraduate and graduate programs are offered through the RSP Tuition Break by New England's 82 public colleges and universities. Go to and click on Find a Program.

Read More