Students who fail a course with a 50% or higher may be eligible to recover those credits during the summer session program provided the courses are offered. By recovering credits during the summer, it may allow students to return to their original class status.
|In Order To Progress To:||Credits Needed Prior To School Starting:|
|10th Grade||5 credits|
|11th Grade||10 credits|
|12th Grade||16 credits|
Students who are successful in the summer session program have the following qualities:
* Minimum grade of a 50% - students need to have a reasonable foundation of the course material to compact the recovery process into the summer timeframe.
* Reasonable attendance - the summer session is short and excessive absences or tardiness will interfere with a student's ability to complete the required work.
* Independent worker - all of the courses require computer work, although some more than others. Students will be expected to work independently and ask questions as needed.
* Motivated to earn credits - students who attend need to complete the required work and/or homework. Simply being present is not a guarantee of passing the class.
* Limited need for Resource support - there is a Resource teacher available to assist students, but this does not replace classroom instruction or assistance from the certified classroom teacher.
Registration Period: TBD for Summer 2018 (through the school counseling office)
1) Print the registration form (to be posted for Summer 2018).
2) Complete both sides of the form. BOTH parent and student need to initial and sign the back of the form.
3) Bring the registration form to the school counseling office and meet with a counselor. Counselors are available from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
4) Payment for classes will be determined prior to registration starting.
5) Check the school's website to confirm the times and location of credit recovery classes.
TBD for Summer 2018
Session 1 - 8 am - 11 am
Session 2 - 11:15 am - 2:15 pm
All courses are held in the Academy Building - specific rooms will be listed on the main lobby doors.
***Courses may not be offered due to low enrollment - a refund will be issued if this is the case.***