Students who fail a course with a 50% or higher may be eligible to recover those credits during the summer session program provided the courses are offered. By recovering credits during the summer, it may allow students to return to their original class status.
|In Order To Progress To:||Credits Needed Prior To School Starting:|
|10th Grade||5 credits|
|11th Grade||10 credits|
|12th Grade||16 credits|
Students who are successful in the summer session program have the following qualities:
* Minimum grade of a 50% - students need to have a reasonable foundation of the course material to compact the recovery process into the summer timeframe.
* Reasonable attendance - the summer session is short and excessive absences or tardiness will interfere with a student's ability to complete the required work.
* Independent worker - all of the courses require computer work, although some more than others. Students will be expected to work independently and ask questions as needed.
* Motivated to earn credits - students who attend need to complete the required work and/or homework. Simply being present is not a guarantee of passing the class.
* Limited need for Resource support - there is a Resource teacher available to assist students, but this does not replace classroom instruction or assistance from the certified classroom teacher.
Half credit classes will run weekdays from Monday, July 9th to Wednesday, July 25th.
Full credit (Math) classes will run weekdays from Monday, July 9th to Tuesday, August 7th.
|Session 1 (8:00 am - 11:00 am)||Session 2 (11:15 am - 2:15 pm)|
|English 9-1 or 9-2|
|English 11/12 Writing||English 11/12 Literature|
|Any Math (half or full credit)||Any Math (hall or full credit)|
***Courses may not be offered due to low enrollment - a refund will be issued if this is the case.***
All courses are held in the Academy Building - specific rooms will be listed on the main lobby doors.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There will not be a nurse on campus during classes. There will be staff that is CPR and First Aid certified. In the event of a minor illness/injury, we will call home. In the event of a major illness/injury, we will contact 911.
Registration Period: Monday, June 18, 2018 - Friday, June 29, 2018
1) Click on the following link to access the registration site. https://pinkertonacademy.connectionsecured.com/
2) Read the information on the registration site, click on the class your student needs to take, then follow the directions to pay for the class using a credit/debit card.
Contact the program director with questions:
(603) 437-5200 ext. 5138